So, there you are. You’ve seen adorable holiday gift tags on Pinterest and DIY sites. You bought your first circuit and have your masterpieces lined out before you. But now…you’re stumped. What in the world are you going to print on them?
Suddenly, you panic and begin frantically scrolling through the scores of tags you’ve seen only to find they are blank. You have nothing left to give for you’ve used up every ounce of your creativity making the gift tags. What to do?
Never fear. Making gift tags is a huge feat. Or, maybe you are looking to have custom gift tags made and are at a loss of what to have written on them. Regardless of the situation, we’ve got you covered on gift tag wording.
Just relax and read on to find out some great pre-printed gift tag sayings for every occasion and even some original ones.
The two words that are normally pre-printed on gift tags are:
📕 Examples of Pre-printed Wording for Tags
Beyond the standard “To” and “From”, you can add additional text to make your gift tag that much more special.
With a little thought and imagination, you can come up with the perfect gift tags to go along with these outstanding wordings:
- With love
- Wishing you the best, now and always
- A gift for you
- Thinking of you
- You’re the best
- Love always
- Warm wishes
- All the best
- A little something for you.
- Something special for you
- Something special for the two of you
- Wishing you love
- Love you
- You’re the best
- Forever friends
- Forever yours
- (If Giving Tea): Love is brewing. Enjoy the tea.
- (If Giving Baked Goods): Baking memories. Enjoy!
- You add sparkle wherever you go. Shine bright.
- (If Giving Bath Products): Soak in the love.
- (If Giving Bath Or Spa Gift): Pamper yourself.
- (If Giving A Candle): Love is in the air.
- (Edible Tag): Most delicious gift tag ever
- (Edible Tag): You are sweet (and so is this gift tag)
- (Candle): You’re scent-sational. Enjoy the candle
- (Candle): You light up my life and may this candle light up yours.
- At least it’s not socks
- Just pretend you like it!
- Regifted with love
- Love you to the liquor store and back. Enjoy the wine.
- Yup. Another mug for your mug.
- You knock my socks off.
- Friends are friends forever
- Hugs and kisses forever and always
- Thanks for leaving footprints on my heart
- (Music Gift): You rock my world.
- Live, love, laugh
- Faith, hope, love
- Together…we can!
- You are the best YOU in the YOUniverse
- Every moment matters
- Forever in my heart
- Forever and always
- I love us
- When you know, you know
- My love, my life
- Celebrating Us!
- Cheer up. It may never happen. And if it does, I’m here for you.
- Hey, Friend. I’ll be there for you!
- You can count on me.
- Things will get better and until then, here’s something to cheer you up.
🎉 Special Occasions
- Here’s to many more moons with you
- Wishing the two of you love and happiness, year after year
- No one but you for me
- I love you
- Happy Anniversary
- Together forever
- Congratulations on Your Anniversary
- Two People, One Love
- Thanks for showing us how marriage is done
- May blessings abound, now and always
- Best wishes
- Congratulations on your new life together
- Perfectly paired.
- A little something for the love birds.
- And so it begins…a life of love together.
- May your blessings be many.
- They did! Congratulations
- Enjoy the journey.
- Together forever!
- (Funny:) It’s about time! Best Wishes!
- Congrats on tying the knot!
- You did it!
- All that hard work paid off!
- Watch out world
- Congrats on graduating with class
- One class act
- Reach for the stars
- I knew you could do it
- The sky’s the limit!
- Class Act!
- We’re just as surprised as you are. Just kidding!
- Happiest birthday to you
- Here’s to another year
- Celebrating you!
- May the happy in your birthday last all year long
- Baking sprits bright
- Warm thoughts
- Chill and enjoy
- Something to warm your heart
- Merry Christmas!
- Merry and bright
- Joy to the world
- Seasons greetings to you and yours
- Joy to the world
- Felice Navidad
- Christmas wishes
- Look what Santa brought you!
- Holiday cheer starts here
- Happy Hanukkah
- Happy Challah Days
- Celebrating a season of miracles
- Peace be yours
- May hope abound
- Happy New Year
- Here’s to the best year ever!
- All things fresh and new
- Here’s to a new one!
- Giving thanks for you
- Grateful, thankful, and blessed
- You’re the cream of the crop
- Gobble till you wobble
- Thank you – I couldn’t have done it without you
- Thanks for being awesome
- Just a token of my appreciation
- Thank you. I appreciate your kindness.
- Thank you for being you.
- Thank you for loving me
- Welcoming the wee one
- Congratulations on your brand-new bundle of joy
- Something for the Little Angel.
- Lotsa Love!
- Hugs, Kisses, and All the Best Wishes
- Little feet will leave big footprints on our hearts.
- A gift for baby.
- Welcoming baby.
- (Offers to Help): It takes a village. Count me in!
- (Christmas): Silent Night. Ho-ho-ho! Good luck with that but Merriest Christmas ever!
- (Shower): Sprinkles of wishes and butterfly kisses.
- (Family): Welcome to the family, little one!
- (Funny): Here’s to cuddles and puddles. Welcome to baby life.
- The two shall become one, congratulations
- Wedding wishes
- A beautiful journey has begun.
- Best Wishes!
- Forever Together!
- You’ve only just begun.
- May joy and laughter be yours forever after.
- Here’s to your happily ever after.
- Live, Love, Laugh. Congratulations on your new life together.
- We wish you a lifetime of joy and happiness.
- Many congratulations!
- May you be a blessing to each other – today and always.
- Always and Forever!
- Warm wishes as you make your house a home
- Congratulations on your new home
- Home Sweet Home
- May your home be warmed with love and blessed with goodness from above.
- Happy napping
- No more tension, here’s to a pension
- Wishing you the best
- Happy retirement, you earned it
- Soup for the soul. Get well soon
- Prayers for a speedy recovery
- Wishing you a quick recovery
- Hoping you are soon as good as new
- I’m so sorry for your loss
- Gone but never forgotten
- I’m here if you need me
- I’m only a call away
- You’re not alone
- May your heart heal as you treasure the memories
Care and Concern
- You are loved
- You’ll get through this, and I’ll be here for you as you do.
- I have all the faith in the world in you. Hopefully you do too.
- With love and care
- Sending love and prayers to the one above
- Who cares? I do!
- Keep your chin up
🧧 What is a Pre-printed Gift Tag?
Tags that go on gifts typically have a short word or phrase on them and then a “to and from” space where you put the recipient’s name and then your name as the gift giver. The tag not only identifies the giver and receiver but exchanges a good will greeting.
Sometimes, however, you may want to make a gift tag or have one custom made. Knowing what pre-printed gift tags normally say on them will help you decide what to put on your creation.
🤔 Where Do Pre-printed Words Come From?
Have you ever wondered where pre-printed expressions come from? Some are really basic, and yes, some are downright boring. Others though, hit the nail on the head with well-crafted words that say the words that you wish you could have come up with.
Some people are born with the gift of gab and are able to work magic with words. If you’re not one of them, that’s alright. You can borrow from the best of them.
Creative writing teams and individuals who write words for gift tabs and even cards typically work for a company where tags are sold, like Hallmark or Café Press. Or, they can be freelancers who hire their services out on demand to gift tag designers.
Finally, there are those who make DIY gift tags complete with original sayings and sell them on platforms such as Etsy, eBay, or Amazon.
⚙️ Types of Tags for Gifts
From tags made by children (or those that look like they were) to beautiful DIY Pinterest-quality creations and those made by customized print shops, you’ll find there are a myriad of gift tag styles. And that’s good because gifts come in many types too and range from ultra-expensive to those that cost nothing but the time that was spent making them.
Gifts can be for special occasions such as Christmas, birthdays, Valentine’s Day, Easter, graduation, baby showers, wedding showers, engagements, anniversaries, bar mitzvahs, get well, and baptism. Sometimes gifts are even given for no reason at all.
It’s not a bad idea to properly pair the gift you are giving to the tag you are gracing it with. If the gift you are giving is a diamond ring, you doubtfully want to use a gift tag with lame wording written in crayon. The same is true on the opposite side of the spectrum, you don’t want the gift tag to outshine the gift.
You’ll also want to make sure the wording on the gift tag goes along with the gift and the reason for the gift. You wouldn’t want your tag to say something like “enjoy your day and your gift” to someone who just lost a loved one. The personalization of the gift tag speaks volumes.
Wrapping it All Up
Gift tags are one of those things that can be underappreciated but when you pay them some attention, they shine in all their glory. With the suggestions you’ve now been given, it’s time to add the icing on the cake, spicing up your present with a gift tag with the perfect wording to add that special touch and to bring the recipient a heartfelt smile and warm wishes.